If you would like to Ask a Question about an invasive species issue, provide feedback to NISIC, or suggest an invasive species related resource, please submit the form below to send us a message. A valid email address is required for a response. Questions are answered by the NISIC Coordinator or by a staff Librarian.
Please Note Before Submitting a Request
- The large numbers of invasive species prevent us from maintaining detailed information on ALL invasive species. In addition, determining the invasiveness of a species depends on a number of local factors, including the type of habitat. Refer to our Species Profiles List to access all species profiles included on our site
- NISIC does not set laws or legislation, nor can we address legal issues.
- NISIC cannot identify species nor do we handle reports of suspected invasive species. For assistance please see our Identification and Reporting resources.
- NISIC cannot answer specific homework questions for you, but we can assist and get you started with your research.
- NISIC is a one-person information center with limited resources and we are not able to participate in interviews for school projects. Please contact your public library or your local cooperative extension service to find an expert on your topic.
Contacts for Requests Outside of NISIC's Scope
- If you have a general agricultural-related question, please contact NAL's reference staff for assistance.
- If you are looking for USDA information, please refer to AskUSDA which makes it easy to find information across our agency.
- Media requests are handled by the ARS Office of Communications.
- For invasive species policy-related questions, please contact the National Invasive Species Council staff.